We're making changes

Last updated.

Our latest network information has a new home and a new look and feel.

Take me there.

No water or low pressure

If you’ve got no water or low pressure, follow these steps to work out what the problem is and how to fix it.

Search for incidents in your area

Check our interactive map with the latest information on known incidents near you. If you can't see an incident in your area, take a look at our checks below.

Check the map

Check with your neighbours

If there’s no issue with their supply, the problem is with your internal plumbing. If you live in a block of flats, check with the building maintenance, your local authority, or the managing agent of the building for any known internal issues.

If there is a problem with your neighbours supply, it may be a problem we’re not aware of. Please call 0800 316 9800 to let us know.


Try your cold kitchen tap

The main water supply normally enters your home in the cold kitchen or utility room tap.

If water comes out of this tap but not elsewhere (such as your shower or bathroom tap), the problem is with your internal plumbing.


Check your stop valves are open

Your inside stop valve needs to be fully open. It’s usually located under the kitchen sink, in the airing cupboard or under the floorboards by the front door. If the valve is closed, turn it anti-clockwise to ensure that it is fully open.

If you're unsure on how to find and use your inside stopvalve, watch our helpful video and read our tips.

Your outside stop valve also needs to be fully open. Some properties share their water supply with their neighbours so check with your neighbours to see if they have recently used the outside stop valve.

If you're unable to use or locate the outside stop valve, find out by watching our useful video and reading our tips.


Check for frozen pipes

The cold weather can freeze your pipes, making them more likely to expand and burst.

Check visible pipes for damage. If you find a pipe which is frozen, take a look at our useful video for tips on how to treat them.

Let us know 

If you've completed the above steps without success, it may be a problem we’re not aware of. Please call 0800 316 9800 to let us know.

If your hearing or speech is impaired, you can contact us using the Next Generation Text Service (NGTS).